Social Business Wales – Application for New Start Support
Social Business Wales is funded by Welsh Government and delivered by a consortium of specialist support agencies with knowledge, expertise and experience of supporting the social business sector in Wales. The consortium includes Cwmpas, the Development Trusts Association Wales (DTA), Social Firms Wales (SFW), UnLtd and Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA).
The two-year project will be delivered as part of the Business Wales family of support and will include:
- One to one business support, to eligible social business start up’s and established social businesses
- Peer mentoring support, to social business start up’s and established social businesses
- Additional support, for individuals facing greater barriers such as accessibility or language issues
- Equity, diversity and inclusion support
- Climate change support to engage in existing services and be empowered to act
- Help for social enterprises to adapt and become more resilient as the economic situation changes.
In line with our net zero ambitions, Social Business Wales delivery is mostly conducted online with some face-to-face delivery. Please let us know if you are unable to access online meetings.
Online resources and support can also be found on the following websites: –
We are able to support individuals who meet the following criteria.
- Basic business idea is in place
- Some basic market research undertaken
- Identified key individuals are in place to develop the business
- Jobs will be created as a result of the support within 2 years
- Identified distinct trading activity
- Identified clear social objectives
- Must be looking to incorporate within a defined period
Enquiries that meet the criteria will be appointed a business consultant or offered peer mentoring support.
Please ensure that you complete all fields that are set to (Required).
YOU MUST COMPLETE THE CAPTCHA AT THE END OF THE FORM IN ORDER FOR THE FORM TO FEED THROUGH TO THE TEAM.