In celebration of Cwmpas’s 40th year anniversary, Cwmpas and Hwb are excited to announce the ‘Co-operators of Tomorrow’ competition for Key Stage 2 aged children across the country.
The competition challenges entrants to look ahead 40 years in the future and produce a piece of work answering the question: ‘Thinking about the place where you live, what could be better 40 years from now if people co-operated more?’.
Final submissions can be submitted in any format, with just one requirement – they must be created using Hwb’s j2e suite of creative software. This could be a blog, short film, poster, animation, a script for a play, a combination of them all, or even something else entirely.
To help give learners inspiration, Cwmpas and Hwb have prepared a learning resource for teachers to offer further context around the competition.
With just one entry per participating school allowed (in either Welsh or English), students are encouraged to co-operatively work together on their final submission to meet the deadline of 4pm on the 28th of November 2022. Schools can choose to host a competition internally first, with children working together in groups, or come together as a school to work on their competition entry.
After being judged by our judging panel made up of staff from both Cwmpas and Hwb, the winner will be announced on both Cwmpas and Hwb’s websites on the week of the 12th of December.
The winning entry will receive a ‘Co-operators of Tomorrow’ trophy, a hamper of goodies from co-operatives and social enterprises across Wales, and an experiential visit from a local social enterprise.
How to participate
- Make a statement of intent to enter by emailing email@example.com with an email titled ‘Co-operators of Tomorrow’ featuring your school’s contact details, including school name, address, email address and telephone number.
- Plan a lesson around the competition, using Cwmpas’s ‘Co-operators of Tomorrow’ learning resource.
- Encourage learners to work together on the project, using Hwb’s j2e suite.
- Submit j2e project URL’s and any supporting documentation you think is necessary by the deadline of 4pm on the 28th of November 2022, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Title the email ‘Co-operators of Tomorrow entry’.
- Remember: one entry per participating school.
- Keep an eye on both Cwmpas and Hwb’s website and social media channels for the announcement of the winners on the week of the 12th of December 2022.
If you have any further questions about the competition, email email@example.com